George's P.O.V.

George isn't present in a lot of scenes in Chapters 1-7, and the one that he is present in, my partner used :(. So I had to read ahead to find another one and I found tons in Chapter 8. Here's one of the dialogues (starting at pg. 159):

I spoke to her . . . I told her she might fool me, but she couldn't fool God. I took her to the window . . . and I said "God knows what you've been doing, everything you've been doing. You may fool me, but you can't fool God! God sees everything! ( as I see God)
Then Michaelis tries to convince me that I'm looking at Dr. T.J. Eckleburg's advertisement as he says "That's an advertisement". I just decide to turn my head back to the room, but I still stood there with my face close to the window pane, nodding into the twilight. Later around 6, Michaelis and I heard the sound of a car stopping outside. It was the watcher guy that came and made breakfast for three, I was quieter by then. After breakfast, Michaelis went home to take a nap and that's when  left. I'm pretty sure he came back to the garage looking for me though. I headed to Port Roosevelt and then to Gad's Hill and I took a sandwich and coffee with me, I didn't even eat it though. I was getting kind of tired so I didn't reach Gad's Hill until around noon. I can't tell you where I went directly after that but later in the night I was trying to Gatsby's house to handle some business. I also won't tell you who told me to go Gatsby's. When I got to West Egg, and specifically Gatstby's I was chatting with his butler for a while, but then later handled my business. He was gone, and now it's my turn. BYE BYE!


1 comment:

  1. I think it was good that you read ahead to do the assignment, I also like the secretive side to George you encompassed with his point of view.

    ReplyDelete