Open Letter to Dinasuria, We

Dear Charles Bukowski,


When you wrote "Dinasauria, We" you were basically breaking down human life in today's society, correct?  Well anyway, when I first looked at the title, I was thinking "Why are we reading a poem about Dinosaurs?" but then when I started to read, I understood that Dinosaurs weren't the body of the poem, they connect to the poem, interesting. Well, I have some questions for you. The poem basically states that we eventually will become extinct like Dinosaurs.  Of all extinct creatures, why did you choose dinosaurs? You state "Born into" a lot, meaning we didn't create all of this madness alone, so who created it? Does this mean we were brought into a world we are set up to die in? One more question, what makes you come to this point in life where you just know everything will fall one day? Is it because of your experience? What's your reason behind it? Wait, maybe that was three questions, oh well. I like your connections though. Like the one about robots, I agree with you. I also believe that eventually we won't know how to do things for ourself because we have taken over by this new era of technology. These days we have technology that we don't even need, and the technology that is very benefitional that we think we need like iPads, Calculators, Cell Phones, etc. we don't. So there, I agree with you. But, with the world destruction I don't. There have been many reasons why the world would and none of them worked. I've only been living 14 years and I've heard that the world would end so much and none of it happened. Like the rumor about the world ending 6-6-06, still alive. And next year 12-21-12, I'll be alive 12-22-12. The calendar running out is a very ridiculous reason. People are making a big deal about it for no reason as if the calendar didn't end before.

No comments:

Post a Comment