Memoir

After reading several of the memoirs, I've decided that The Homeless is the one I'd call my favorite. The author gives very descriptive, but short descriptions. In example, "...dust tornado would whirl by in the rocky desert, and I would watch it twirl and twirl until there was nothing left of it but a puff of smoke floating up into the sky." That quotes is an example of imagery. It makes me imagine what the atmosphere was like and how I feel in that situation. Also imagery is figurative language which is important for a memoir. Imagery lets others read about your experiences which is essential. I think the story is pretty cool because it's based on the future. But, that also means it doesn't have a lesson that was learned since it never happened, but it's still the most interesting in my opinion. However, it still shows how he was inspired by his experience and wants to build a house for the homeless. In the quote about he gave good detail, but some important detail he leaves out. Like his background, he mentions his brother and father very vaguely.

No comments:

Post a Comment